It’s been over a month since I last posted… wow, time flies! Apologies if there’s anyone out there who’s been eagerly awaiting my next post, although I highly doubt any such person exists… haha! Anyway, here it is; my latest LoveLula Beauty Box review.
April’s box contained a really interesting selection of goodies, and I’ve been impressed by those I’ve had chance to try so far! Here are my thoughts on this month’s box:
- Inika Certified Organic Cream Eyeshadow in Champagne: I haven’t yet had an occasion worth wearing this eye shadow for, however have tried it out on the back of my hand. It has a lovely sheen, and I think it’d actually also work pretty well as a liquid highlighter if you wanted to great a really dewy makeup look! At £21 from LoveLula, I’d be inclined to say this is a little pricey for the size of the product, however – as I say – I haven’t had chance to try it out properly yet! Either way, it was a great treat to get in this month’s box!
- Balm Balm Little Miracle Rosehip Balm: This is a new release from Balm Balm, and what a little gem it is! My initial worry was that this would be far too heavy to apply to my oil-prone skin, however I have absolutely been proved wrong! I’ve have used this several times in my night-time routine since receiving my box, and it has made my skin glow when I wake up, as well as feel super soft. At only £12 from LoveLula, I’d highly recommend giving it a try; I would advise that if – like me – you have oily or combination skin, you may want to only use this at night-time to give it plenty of time to absorb into your skin.
- Dr Botanicals Kale Superfood Nourishing Day Moisturiser: I’ve not yet tried this product as I have a couple of day moisturisers on the go already, however I’ve been really intrigued by Dr Botanicals since I first heard of the brand. In honesty, I was a bit sceptical when first hearing of them and looking on their website as they didn’t list the ingredients in their products… however, now that LoveLula stock them, I’m much more inclined to trust that their products are worth trying! The active ingredients in this moisturiser include Kale – which is high in vitamins C and E -, as well as nourishing Cocoa Butter. The 30ml version of the product (the size I received in my box) is available at LoveLula for £14.90.
- Dr Botanicals Coffee Superfood Renewing Facial Exfoliator: Again, I’ve not yet tried this as I’m still working my way through a scrub from a previous beauty box! It looks really interesting and the coffee scent sounds like it’ll be great for use in the morning; the Coffee Oil it contains is high in antioxidants and fatty acids, which nourish and protect your complexion! The exfoliating element is achieved using Walnut Shell powder; a safe and natural exfoliant which doesn’t harm the planet! Like the moisturiser, this exfoliator is priced at £14.90 for a 30ml tube on LoveLula.
- Madara Sample Pack: This month’s box contained samples of Madara’s Cleansing Milk, Brightening Peel Mask and SMART Fine Line Minimising Day Cream; I’ve not tried any of these products before, so I’m excited to give this trio a go!
I now have to make a bit of a confession, which is that I have put my LoveLula Beauty Box subscription on hold for the time being… I have a pretty big back-log of products at the moment that I’m yet to try – particularly skincare-wise -, so I’m going to try and get through what I’ve got already before re-subscribing! I may also take the opportunity to try out some other beauty boxes, such as the The Natural Beauty Box, before getting back on the LoveLula bandwagon (although I’ll be gutted if the next few months’ LoveLula boxes are amazing!).
Having said that, I’d absolutely urge you to try the LoveLula Beauty Box if you haven’t already… with a monthly subscription price of £13.95, it’s such a great value way to try new brands and products, especially if you’re just branching out into the green beauty world! The contents of each box are worth much more than the subscription cost; this month’s products would total over £65, if bought individually!
What do you think of the LoveLula Beauty Box? Which beauty boxes should I try next? I’d love to hear from you!