It’s that time again to review this month’s LoveLula Beauty Box! This is my third box – having subscribed in time to receive my first box in January this year – and once again, I’m really pleased with the contents!
Here are my thoughts on the products in this month’s box, some of which I’ve tried and some of which I haven’t yet:
- Laidbare Guess My Age Anti-Ageing Treatment Cream: At 22, this isn’t the kind of product I’m too concerned about using yet… however I have been told many a time that it’s never to early to start preventing the signs of ageing, so I thought why not give it a try?! I’ve just run out of the Madara night cream from January’s box, so I’ll use this as a replacement night cream as it’s a bit heavier than I’d like to use in the day. The smell is strangely very similar to the only other Laidbare product I’ve tried – the “Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow!” Hair Minimising Moisturiser (also in January’s LoveLula box) – and the texture is quite heavy but as I say, will work well as a night cream. Laidbare’s products are pretty reasonably priced; this cream is £9.99 at LoveLula.
- Sukin Shampoo & Conditioner (50ml samples): This month’s box contained shampoo and conditioner from Australian brand Sukin; their natural, vegan products are usually reasonably priced, so I’m really looking forward to trying more from them. I received the Purifying Shampoo and Nourishing Conditioner in my box; I’m going to keep them aside for now, as they’re such handy sizes for travel! The full-sized bottles are available at LoveLula for £9.95 each.
- FOM Hydra Bright Night Complex (10ml sample): I’ve really enjoyed trying this water-based serum out as an alternative to a facial oil before bed; I’ve been using it without applying any moisturiser afterwards so I can see the full effects. It has a lovely, fresh smell and leaves my skin feeling really soft when I wake up! My skin has been pretty good recently in general, so it’s hard for me to judge if this product has made a huge difference, however it’s definitely not something I could consider buying anyway, as the full-sized 50ml bottle is priced at a whopping £79 at LoveLula!
- Glossworks Come Clay With Me Nail Polish: This is the first natural nail polish I’ve had the pleasure to try, and I’ve been really impressed with the results! This shade is very similar to one of my favourite shades from Maybelline, so it’s really great to have found a natural alternative that works just as well; although at £12 from LoveLula, it is about three times the price… a bit too expensive for a nail polish, in my opinion. I’d love to try some of their other shades, but they’d definitely have to be purchased as a rare treat! Glossworks’ nail polishes are suitable for vegans.
- Elsa’s Organic Skinfoods Deodorant: I’ve already raved about this deodorant in last month’s “Tried & Tested” post, so I won’t go on about it too much again… the gist of it is that I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I received the Dew scent in my LoveLula box this month, which I was very pleased about as it’s my favourite (although I’m yet to try Love and Sensitive!)… now I can have one just for my handbag! Elsa’s deodorants are available for £10 at LoveLula.
It’s been another great box this month, and I continue to be impressed with the value of this subscription. It’s £13.95 per month, however the contents of each box are always worth significantly more; this month’s box was worth £43! I’m looking forward to seeing what we’ll receive in April’s box!
Have you tried any of these brands/products before? What did you think to them? I’d love to hear from you!