Summertime is officially here and what better time to switch up your beauty routine?! In the UK we’ve been pretty lucky so far with the sun, so whether we’re baring all in shorts, getting active or simply soaking up those rays (safely, of course) it’s a great time to make sure you’re taking good care of your skin.
Here are my top five Summer picks from LoveLula:
- Sugar StripEase Hair Removal Kit: I first discovered sugaring when I was 18; my friend and I were going on one of those teenage boozy holidays and wanted to flaunt our brand new bikinis, so off we went together for our first experience of sugaring (in fact, it was my first experience of any kind of “waxing”-style hair removal at all). Made from only sugar and water (and sometimes lemon juice), sugaring paste is definitely the most natural and skin-kind hair removal method there is; I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t painful first time around, but I found that the results were really effective and long-lasting. I wasn’t able to afford to keep going for professional sugaring, which is how I came to discover Sugar StripEase. Believe me, I’ve tried all sorts over the years – from hair removal creams to hard wax to making my own sugaring paste at home (which is reeeeeaaally tricky and time consuming) – but I keep coming back to Sugar StripEase because it’s just so convenient, particularly since I discovered it’s stocked at LoveLula! It comes in a handy microwaveable pot with washable fabric strips and spatulas. Although it may not be quite as budget-friendly as making your own sugaring paste, it’s significantly less faffy and frustrating… One pot will last you ages, so for £12.49, it’s a pretty good deal if you’d prefer zero hair this Summer! If you’d prefer sugar paste that can be used in the traditional way (without the strips), I’d highly recommend checking out Sugaring Beauty.
- Eco by Sonya Winter Skin: I’ve never been much into fake tan, nor have I ever been very successful when I’ve tried tanning products in the past, but I recently decided to see if I could have any success with some natural products. My pick from LoveLula is Eco by Sonya’s Winter Skin, which I’d read many great things about before I tried it myself. It’s a gradual tanning moisturiser, so is easy to build and – even if you do apply it a little haphazardly – you really can’t go too far wrong with this stuff. With nourishing aloe vera, chamomile and rose geranium, this moisturiser is also really kind to skin and leaves it feeling soft, plus it doesn’t have quite the same strong scent that many other tanning products do (there is a smell to it, but it’s not unpleasant). It’s available for £25.88 at LoveLula.
- UrbanVeda Radiance Body Scrub*: Speaking of fake tan, it’s essential to have a good body scrub to make sure you’re skin’s prepped and silky smooth to avoid that Wotsit look! I love this scrub from UrbanVeda; it’s from their ‘Radiance’ range which is my favourite as it just smells so lovely, while helping to even out skin-tone, exfoliate and moisturise the skin. It’s available for £9.99 from LoveLula.
- Pacifica Underarm Deodorant Wipes*: I recently selected these Deodorant Wipes to try as one of my LoveLula Blogger picks and they’ve proved to be very handy so far this Summer! They’re particularly great for carrying around in your handbag to freshen up during a busy day; I’ve found them useful if I’m heading out for the evening straight after work or after going to the gym! They have a subtle coconut smell so won’t interfere too much with any perfume you’re wearing or any deodorants you want to put on after using them, plus contain no harsh chemicals or aluminium. The wipes are biodegradable, plus – for Pacifica customers based in the USA – they run their own free recycling program for the packaging! Pick some up from LoveLula for £7.99.
- Dafna’s Skincare Active Mist*: I love a good facial mist and always have a couple on the go, but the Active Mist from Dafna’s Skincare has to be my absolute favourite at the moment. It’s so refreshing in hot and humid weather, plus I really have felt as though my skin has been very clear and fresh looking since I’ve been using it. It contains a blend of oils which help to repair, soothe and even out skin tone, plus fig juice to provide hydration and coolness, and Geranium and Sweet Orange essential oils which give the mist its lovely smell and help to reduce anxiety and relieve tension. It’s pricey at £40 from LoveLula, however I think it’s well worth it if it’s within your budget as it really is a gorgeous product!
Have you found any new favourites lately? What are your top Summer products? Let me know in the comments below!
Please note: The products marked with * were subsidised or free as part of the LoveLula Accredited Blogger Program. I am under no obligation to give a positive review of the products I receive as part of the program and – if I choose to review them – I will always do so completely honestly. Please see my Disclosure page for more information on product gifting.
Photo Credits: The product photos featured in this post were sourced from LoveLula.