I feel very privileged to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, by not just one, but two fellow green beauty bloggers; Michelle from Completely Chelle and Bryanna from The ecoLogical. I follow and admire both of these ladies’ blogs and social media pages, so it really was lovely to be nominated by both of them.
The aim of the Sunshine Blogger Award is for bloggers to recognise other bloggers whose work they enjoy and admire, and for us all to get to know a little more about eachother! It’s something a little bit different to my usual posts, but I hope you enjoy reading all the same!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the award, and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the award.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- List the rules and the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
Questions I was asked and my answers:
I’ve been a bit naughty here… I was nominated by two bloggers and asked two sets of questions, so I’ve picked my favourites from each to answer!
- How long have you been blogging and why did you start? (Chelle) I’ve been blogging for about two and a half months, so not that long at all! I started blogging partly because I really enjoy writing, but mostly because I wanted to share what I’d learned so far on my green beauty journey and connect with other enthusiasts, who would help me discover new products to try and share thoughts!
- What is your favourite book, and why? (Bryanna) I don’t really have one favourite book – it tends to change depending on whatever I’m reading at the time – however, I do always go back to the Harry Potter books as a good old comfort read! I also really love Levison Wood’s travel books, and anything Stephen Fry writes as I love his use of language; I just finished Mythos which was a brilliant read!
- If you could only have one, which would you give up? Make-up or skincare? (C) Definitely make-up! As much as I enjoy wearing it when I do, most days I go without, so skincare is a more important part of my routine.
- What choices go into making how you select your makeup and skincare products? (B) Cost is a big factor for me when it comes to choosing products; I’m happy to splash out occasionally on a treat or to invest in a more expensive product if I know it’s going to last me, but I can’t afford to go too high-end all the time. I do try to keep my products as natural as possible, but I also think it’s really important that you enjoy using the products you buy; I like my products to feel and smell nice as well as do the job!
- If you could do any job that you wanted, what would you do and why? (C) In real-life terms, my dream career is to be a successful Musical Theatre performer… although, if I could literally have any job I wanted, I’d have to be something awesome from the Harry Potter universe, like an Auror. Which leads into the next question from Bryanna…
- If you could live in any fictional world, which would it be and why? (B) Harry Potter! I mean, who doesn’t wish they could go to Hogwarts?!
- What is your favourite song of all time and why? (C) My favourite song of all time is Toothpaste Kisses by The Maccabees; I’m not really sure why, I’ve just loved it since I was a teenager and I begun to discover my own music taste! Although at the moment I’m mostly listening to a bit of jazz and a lot of musicals!
- You can take three items to a deserted island – what do you pick and why? (B) Ummm can I take my boyfriend?! Presuming he’s off limits, I’d have to say toothbrush (I literally could not cope without brushing my teeth, even if I was never going to see another human being ever again), a really damn good book and the biggest packet of crisps I could find!
- Where is your most favourite place in the world and why? (C) I’m not very well travelled so I’m sure I’ll discover my favourite place in the world one day, however I do love a vibrant city like Paris, Milan or Amsterdam because there’s so much to see, do and most importantly, eat! Otherwise, I’d have to say either in my bed, at the beach or on the stage!
- What are three new places you would like to visit most, and why? (B) I’d really love to visit Japan (because the culture’s so crazy and awesome, and they have grape-flavoured everything!), Switzerland (to go to this amazing spa hotel overlooking the Alps that I keep seeing on Instagram!) and New York (for the fashion and the food!).
- What advice would you give to a new blogger? (C) You don’t have to know everything about the subject you’re writing about, you just have to be passionate about it and willing to learn! I think you should always be as honest as possible, and most importantly, enjoy it!
Questions I’m asking my nominees:
- What motivates you to write your blog posts?
- What’s your favourite social media platform to use alongside your blog?
- Which other bloggers/influencers inspire you and why?
- What’s your “can’t-live-without” beauty product at the moment?
- How do you keep up with trends that are relevant to your blog?
- What are your other hobbies, alongside blogging?
- What’s your favourite film and why?
- What’s your favourite book and why?
- What was the last foreign country you visited? What did you love about it?
- What’s your favourite thing about yourself?
- What advice would you give to your younger self?
I think most of the bloggers I network with have already been nominated and written their Sunshine Blogger Award posts, however I still want to give a shout out to some of those bloggers I admire and that have supported me on my own green beauty journey! A big thank you to all of you for creating amazing content and supporting your fellow bloggers! I’d love to see your answers to my questions if you haven’t been nominated already. Also, of course, a big shout out and thank you to Michelle from Completely Chelle and Bryanna from The ecoLogical! My nominees are:
- Sandra at Beauty Balm
- Emma at Beauty Folio
- Eloise at NaturEloise
- Sasha at Balanced Beauty Bristol
- Lou at The Beauty Bank
- Siobhan at Vegan Babe Life
- Kayleigh at The Every Rose
- Keneisha at Living McLean Way
- Renata at Green Life in Dublin
- Ana at Ana Goes Green
- Alex at That Butterfly Effect
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading something a little different on my blog! Let me know in the comments below!