December’s Natural Beauty Box was my second in a row; I was so intrigued by the theme of Sparkle & Glow that I just had to indulge in a pre-Christmas treat! This box contained a great mix of products, with everything from skincare to home fragrance to biodegradable glitter, and did not disappoint! Here’s what was inside:
- Skin Alchemists Sesenne Facial Elixir: This was the most highly anticipated item in December’s box, as it is worth a whopping £85! It’s definitely not something I’d be able to afford to buy individually, so I’m really excited that we have the opportunity to try it as part of this lovely box! As I already have an almost-full bottle of facial oil on the go, I haven’t yet opened this facial elixir, however it sounds utterly gorgeous and I can’t wait to try it! It contains 26 skin-loving elements with a wide range of benefits, from rose otto for cell revival to jasmine for a soft and dewy complexion. It’s available to purchase from the Skin Alchemists website.
- The Natural Beauty Pot Wax Melts in Sugar & Spice: As soon as I opened my box I got an almighty whiff of Christmas, and I quickly realised it was coming from these gorgeous wax melts! The Natural Beauty Pot are a small brand creating organic skincare and mineral makeup, as well as a small range of lovely home fragrance products. These wax melts are not currently available to purchase in their store, however they do offer a lovely soy candle in the same scent for £20; I can attest to this being a glorious scent, as I’ve been using the melts in my wax burner all through the festive season and beyond!
- Horseshoe Bay Himalayan Salt Scrub in Ineffable: Each box this month contained one of these beautiful salt scrubs from Horseshoe Bay in one of three varieties; I received the “Ineffable” scrub, which is scented with frankincense and rose. I’ve been using this fairly regularly on my legs and have found that it’s a really light, gentle scrub that isn’t too scratchy or intense, as some scrubs can be! I love the little tin it comes in and would definitely be tempted to try another one of the varieties! They’re available for £15 on the Horseshoe Bay website.
- Butterwhips Warmly Relaxing Body Butter in Lavender & Bergamot: On first opening this body butter, I wasn’t convinced I was going to like it; it looked very thick and as if it wouldn’t be very absorbent… how wrong I was! As soon as I applied it, it began to melt into the skin and left my legs beautifully soft! I’ve enjoyed using this before bed as the scent of lavender is really relaxing and soothing. It ranges in price from £4 – £15, depending on size.
- Eco Glitter Fun Biodegradable Glitter in Golden Uber Disco Ball: This awesome gold glitter was a favourite among my work colleagues at our Christmas party (everyone wanted some on their cheeks) and has been my festive makeup staple all through the party season! Of course, it can be used for all manner of things, but I’ve been applying to my cheekbones using a dab of lip balm to stick it on! I heard about Eco Glitter Fun quite a while ago and have always been intrigued, but never had a chance to try… their glitter is made from a biodegradable cellulose film meaning it causes no damage to our oceans, unlike conventional glitter which is made of plastic. There are a wide range of colours and glitter blends available, or you can grab a Festival Kit (which comes with their aloe vera application gel) from Amazon.
- Little Soap Company Orange & Grapefruit Soap: Hiding at the bottom of my box was this cute mini soap from the Little Soap Company! Although I’ve given this soap a good sniff, I haven’t actually used it yet, but I’m excited to open it soon and help beat those January blues with the uplifting scent of orange and grapefruit! The mini soaps retail for just £1 on their website, however Little Soap Company’s products are also available in many supermarkets across the UK and at Amazon.
- Benecos Happy Nails Nail Polish in Galaxy: This nail polish was listed as a “surprise item” in this month’s box, and it was a really lovely addition as I haven’t yet tried that many natural nailcare brands. The colour is actually super sparkly once applied and it was a great colour for the Christmas party season! It’s available at LoveLula for £4.95.
Once again, this was a really beautifully put-together box by Emma and the overall value was truly amazing at a worth of over £100! If you’re new The Natural Beauty Box, do take a look at their website and their various subscription options, ranging from a one-off box for £25.95, to a rolling monthly plan for £24.95 per box or a pre-paid 3 or 6-month plan.
What were your staples this Christmas party season? Have you tried any of these amazing brands? Let me know in the comments below!
Please note: Although I have previously been gifted a box from The Natural Beauty Box to review (see my post from May 2018), this box was purchased with my own money and reviewed purely out of my enjoyment of the box and admiration for the brand.