If you’ve ever tried The Natural Beauty Box, you’ll know it’s one of the best beauty boxes out there and November’s box was no exception! The theme was Winter Skin Saviours, and Emma has once again handpicked the most amazing selection of products for her subscribers. Here are my thoughts so far on what was inside:
- Guiltless Skin Ilume Moisture Serum: This was the product that excited me most about November’s box, as I’ve been eyeing up Guiltless for a while now! I’m more used to using oils than serums at the moment so it has taken some adjustment to get used to the texture, however I am absolutely loving this so far… I’ve been using this serum before bed (sometimes even layering it with an oil afterwards) and I feel that my skin definitely glows each morning after using it! The serum is very lightweight and absorbs super easily into the skin, boosting it with vitamins and antioxidants including Vitamin B3, lingonberry extract and pomegranate extract. It currently retails for £26.
- I Love Skin Face Oil +: I’m a big face oil fan as you may know, and this couldn’t have come at a better time as my previous face oil is just running out! I’d not heard of I Love Skin before I saw the product reveals for this box, but they seem to specialise in oils; this Face Oil + is a really gorgeous product with a really invigorating scent. It contains a variety of protective antioxidants and essential fatty acids making it perfect for maintaining elasticity and soft skin in the harsh winter weather, plus it absorbs really easily. I’ve been using this either directly following toner, or sometimes layering it with the Guiltless Ilume Serum at night. It’s available for £19.20 from the I Love Skin website.
- Felicity McDonald Organics Rose Otto and Juniper Bath Salts: I’ve somehow made the time to have two baths over the last week, as I’ve been so excited to use these beautiful bath salts! There’s no denying how pretty these look when you open the jar and they don’t half smell lovely, too! The juniper berries make the salts smell gin-like and the rose petals add an extra element of luxury. They’re available from the Felicity McDonald Organics website for £8 for the travel-sized pot (as featured in the box) or £30 for a large jar.
- Niskama Skincare Gentle Smoothing Face Polish: This face polish is probably the product I’ve used the most so far from this box; it’s been absolutely amazing at maintaining my skin during a week of travelling back and forth from smoggy Central London while appearing in a dance show involving not only stage makeup, but fake blood all over my face and speedy removal of all of this with baby wipes, which has all been very drying and harsh on my skin! I’ve been using this product every other day and it has been a lifesaver! It has a gorgeous texture and a lovely calming aroma that reminds me of chamomile tea; it contains soothing calendula, plus mandarin and bergamot to promote even skin tone. At just £7, it’s also great value when purchased individually.
- OKKO Natural Body and Foot Balm Sticks (Samples): I’ve not yet had chance to try these samples, however from what I already know of OKKO and from having a sniff of these minis, I’m sure they’ll be amazing! The Body Balm is in the Borage & Rosehip scent and the Foot Balm is in Calendula & Eucalyptus; both full-sized balms retail at £21 each.
What staples do you swear by in the winter to keep your skin healthy? Have you tried any of these products? Let me know in the comments below!
Please note: Although I have previously been gifted a box from The Natural Beauty Box to review (see my post from May 2018), this box was purchased with my own money and reviewed purely out of my enjoyment of the box and admiration for the brand.